Thursday, July 25, 2013

Here Goes Nothing...

Why Blog?

Well, I have asked myself that same question recently.  However, I do think that it is a neat way to share so much about who you are, and why you enjoy shooting.  I am not one that loves to just sit and type; I prefer to be creating unique settings and capturing special memories...one shot at a time!

Here is one really amazing reason that I love photograpy.  I recently had the opportunity to photography a young lady that lost her mom a few years back while she was in high school.  This young lady never took the opportunity to sort through and grieve properly over the loss of her mom.  After graduating from high school, she felt that moving away to college would help her deal with the pain of loss by not being in the area.  Unfortunately, that was not the case.  Like many freshmen that go away to college, Morgan struggled with balancing books and social activities.  It was during this time that she became involved with friends that were able to pull her down rather than build her up.  Really, she told me that becoming involved with these "friends" was to help cover up some of the pain that she was still suppressing.  However, at some point, the suppression of unresolved anger, frustration and bitterness will fester to the point that it erupts.

Several months back, six years of  unresolved life issues became too much .  The brick wall that she had built up for so long was so big that she could not clear it.  Through love, dedication and with the understanding heart of her dad; Morgan wanted to heal.  She agreed that her problem was too big to overcome on her own and she needed assistance.  Morgan took the time needed to move toward healing. Morgan is well on her way to becoming the Godly young lady that she knows God created her to be.

I thought, in what way could I help honor a young lady that has made a complete turnaround?  She enjoyed a, "It's a New Me" photo shoot.  We had a wonderful time catching up and sharing fun memories of her mom, and talking about her new direction in life.  Morgan is a beautiful young lady inside and out.  We all go through tough times.  I am glad that Morgan has weathered the storm well.  She is a gem!

This is just one reason that I enjoy shooting, and now will enjoy blogging, too.

Meet  the new Morgan.

Until next time...

Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment